LIVE FILLS: CUTS & LOOPS
12 O’CLOCK BOYS
- Sample: vocals (‘this one right here, I don’t know where he came from, he just ‘wow’) & pad
- Sample source: 12 O’Clock Boys trailer 
- Note: Played before ‘Rok-Weiler’ at the Rock am Ring festival in 2013.
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
- Sample: vocals (‘ladies and gentlemen, this is your host speaking… ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, and then there were none’) & screams
- Sample source: And Then There Were None trailer 
- Note: Played regularly before ‘Nasty’.
BERNARD HERRMANN – CAPE FEAR
- Sample: orchestra loop
- Sample source: Bernard Herrmann – Main Title [Cape Fear – The Original 1962 Film Score, 1996]
- Note: Played before ‘Their Law’ at the Brixton Academy on December 18th, 2012.
CHILL ROB G – RIDE THE RHYTHM
- Sample: beat & vocals (‘feel it, ride the rhythm’)
- Sample source: Chill Rob G – Ride The Rhythm [Ride The Rhythm, 1989]
- Note: Played occasionally from late 1997 to 1998.
ENNIO MORRICONE – AS A JUDGEMENT
- Sample: guitar loop
- Sample source: Ennio Morricone – As A Judgement [Once Upon A Time In The West – The Original Soundtrack Recording, 1972]
- Note: Played regularly after ‘Thunder (Dub)’ in 2010.
EUROPE – THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
- Sample: melody & drums
- Sample source: Europe – The Final Countdown [The Final Countdown, 1986]
- Note: Played as an outro at the Piata Mare gig on December 31st, 2007.
FERNANDO VELAZQUEZ – DEVIL
a.k.a. FILLER DISCONTENT
- Sample: orchestra loop
- Sample source: Fernando Velazquez – Devil [Devil (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 2011]
- Note: Played as a filler from 2012 to 2014.
- Sample: vocals (‘now is the winter of our discontent’)
- Sample source: Laurence Olivier, William Shakespeare – Richard III – Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent (Act 1, Scene 1)
- Note: This vocal sample has not been played every time.
FLOORMASTER SQUEEZE – KICK OUT THE JAMES
a.k.a. FUNKY LINK
- Sample: vocals (‘everything I do gonh be funky’) & beat & melody
- Sample source: Floormaster Squeeze – Kick Out The James [Hot Plate 1, 1987]
- Note: Played regularly before ‘Funky Shit’ in 1997. Featured on the tracklists and listed as ‘Funky Link’.
a.k.a. IT’S MY OWN SECRET TECHNIQUE LINK
- Sample: punch fx / trumpet loop / vocals (‘learning kung fu comes before everything!’) / vocals (‘what style is that? what’s it called?’) / vocals (‘it’s my own secret technique ha-ha-ha!’) & strings loop
- Sample source: Jade Claw 
- Note: Played regularly before ‘Firestarter’ in the second half of the 90s.
J.C. LODGE – TELEPHONE VERSION
- Sample: melody & beat
- Sample source: J.C. Lodge – Telephone Version [Telephone Love, 1988]
- Note: Played after ‘Roadblox’ in 2018.
JOHN BARRY – HIP’S TRIP
- Sample: orchestra loop
- Sample source: John Barry – Hip’s Trip [The Man With The Golden Gun (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 1974]
- Note: Played regularly after ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ from 1996 to 1997.
LOUIS HEREN INTERVIEW
- Sample: vocals (‘and at night, my house, which is now bombed – it’s all gone – used to overlook the West Garden Gate of the London docks, and I could see the funnels and the cranes and the mast and you used to hear the sirens at night, and this fear was one of the most romantic feelings in the world’)
- Sample source: Louis Heren Interview by John Swinfield for BBC 
- Note: Played after ‘Breathe’ in November 2018. It’s an excerpt from a BBC programme in which Louis Heren, a foreign correspondent, talks about his background in East End London.
MARC MOULIN – BALEK
a.k.a. NEW LINK (2005)
- Sample: bass & beat
- Sample source: Marc Moulin – Balek [Placebo Sessions 1971-1974, 1999]
- Note: Played a couple of times in 2005. Featured on the tracklists and listed as ‘New Link’.
MC SHAN – LIVING IN THE WORLD OF HIP HOP
a.k.a. HIP HOP STYLE FILL
- Sample: vocals (‘I am the creator of my hip-hop style’) & beat
- Sample source: Psychedelic Skratch Bastards – Side A: Flow Beats & Long Noises [Battle Breaks, 1992]
- Original source: MC Shan – Living In The World Of Hip Hop [Down By Law, 1987]
- Note: Played after ‘Voodoo Beats’ in December 1997.
PINK FLOYD – A NEW MACHINE
a.k.a. WOMAN’S VOICE FILL
- Sample: vocals (‘feels like more than a lifetime, feels like more than a lifetime’)
- Sample source: Pink Floyd – A New Machine (Part 1) [A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, 1987]
- Note: Played as a filler from 1992 to 1994 and a couple of times in 1996.
PINK FLOYD – SORROW
- Sample: pad & guitar riff
- Sample source: Pink Floyd – Sorrow [A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, 1987]
- Note: Played regularly before ‘Jericho’ in 1992 and 1993.
PINK FLOYD – SPEAK TO ME
- Sample: heartbeat & helicopter sound & scream
- Sample source: Pink Floyd – Speak To Me [The Dark Side Of The Moon, 1973]
- Note: Played as a filler in 1992.
RUN DMC – RUN’S HOUSE
- Sample: vocals (‘we have a whole lot of superstars on this stage here tonight, but I want y’all to know one thing, this is my house’) & instrumental
- Sample source: Run-DMC – Run’s House [Tougher Than Leather, 1988]
- Note: Played as an intro from 1998 to 1999. Featured on the tracklists and listed as ‘Run DMC’.
RUN-DMC – TOGETHER FOREVER (KRUSH-GROOVE 4)
- Sample: vocals (‘it’s like that y’all, and we don’t stop the body rock’) & instrumental
- Sample source: Run-DMC – Together Forever (Krush-Groove 4) (Live At Hollis Park ’84) [Can You Rock It Like This, 1985]
- Note: Played as an outro from 1998 to 1999.
SNAKE IN THE MONKEY’S SHADOW
- Sample: instrumental loop
- Sample source: Snake In The Monkey’s Shadow 
- Note: Played a few times in late 1995.
SUPER BEAGLE – DUST A SOUND BOY
a.k.a. NIGHT FILL
- Sample: vocals (‘night’) & beat & bassline
- Sample source: Super Beagle – Dust A Sound Boy [Dust A Sound Boy, 1988]
- Note: Played after ‘The Day Is My Enemy D&B’ in 2016 and 2017.
THE USUAL SUSPECTS
- Sample: orchestra
- Sample source: The Usual Suspects 
- Note: Played after ‘Their Law’ at The Apollo, Manchester on October 4th, 1996.
TURKEY IN THE STRAW
a.k.a. DUGDALE MELODY
- Sample: melody
- Sample source: Pink Panther Pops = Awesome
- Original source: Turkey In The Straw
- Note: On June 26th, 2006, in the WFMU’s Beware of the Blog several mp3s of ice cream van melodies were posted. Among these was a file called ‘Pink Panther Pops = Awesome’ which is an interpretation of the folk song ‘Turkey In The Straw’. It’s unknown who has chosen it and where it’s been found, but this melody can be heard at the end of every single video produced by Dugdale. Sometimes it would be played as an outro at gigs in 2009, for example, at Rock am Ring ’09 festival.
- Sample: pad
- Sample source: Zero-G – Jungle Warfare  – Warm
- Note: Played after ‘Their Law’ at the Ilford Island gig on October 28th, 1995.
WU-TANG CLAN – INTERMISSION
- Sample: vocals (‘we out for the Gusto, man, and we gon’ keep it raw, you know what I’m sayin’?’)
- Sample source: Wu-Tang Clan – Intermission [Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), 1993]
- Note: Played after ‘Their Law’ at Big Day Out festival in 1997.
- Donate withBitcoin
- Donate withEthereum
- Donate Via Wallets
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Tag/Note:- Network: Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Tag/Note:- Network: ETH Ethereum (ERC20)
SBER/QIWI (RUS): 8950008190б